The outdoor agility ring is fenced and measures 140’ x 130’. The training building is 65’ x 40’ with synthetic turf flooring.
Outdoor Agility Ring
For Rates and Information, or to arrange a rental, click one of the buttons above.
RATES Indoor Training Building
For Rates and Information, or to arrange a rental, click one of the buttons above.
CLEAN INDOOR SHOES MUST BE WORN ON THE TURF
How to Request a Rental
ALL RENTALS MUST BE SCHEDULED AND APPROVED IN ADVANCE. Please reserve your date and time beforehand to be sure the ring is available. There may be prior bookings or we may have other events going on. Your booking is not confirmed until you here from us!
The best way to request a time is through our website https://bigskydogcentre.simplybook.me/v2/ You may also contact me through Facebook Messenger or by Text or Phone at 613-545-7027, or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Booking requests are not scheduled until we send you a confirmation.
- You may book up to 2 weeks in advance.
- If you want to purchase a Package Deal, let me know before placing a rental request. If you would like each booking at the same day and time, please let us know.
- Your Rental Period includes any time you require for set-up and/or clean-up
- Lessons or clinics may not be conducted without prior approval.
For Payment by e-Transfer, send to email@example.com Payments may also be left in the box in the building.
- There will be no charge if you must cancel due to inclement weather
Before You Rent
What You Must Know Before You Rent Time At Big Sky
Our Rules & Guidelines
THE SAFETY of dogs is our primary concern. By using the equipment, participants acknowledge that they are familiar with the sport of Dog Agility, and that their dogs are familiar with and able to perform all obstacles safely. The ring is fenced (3-feet high), but it will not contain a dog determined to escape. We assume no liability.
Use of the property
You are welcome to walk your dog(s) on the property immediately before and after your rental session, however, we assume no liability. There are ticks. At times there are coyotes, deer and other wildlife nearby. We have had very rare reports of bear and cougar sightings. Please be considerate of others using the agility field.
DRIVING ON AREA ROADS Please use caution when driving in the area. Roads are gravel and there are some tight curves. Animals are often on the roadways. As well as wild animals, there can be cattle and horses. A nearby neighbor allows their two dogs to roam freely on the road in front of their house. (One of them will even nap in the middle of the road!) Drive very slowly on our driveway. For much of the spring/summer we have young Kildeer roaming about. They blend in to the gravel very well.
PARKING There is a gravel parking area near the training building. If it is full, you may park in our driveway. For most of the season you can also drive around to the outdoor ring. Drive very slowly – it is bumpier than it may look, and others may be using the property. We assume no liability for damage to your vehicle; nor will we pay any towing fees.
PORTA-POTTY There are no washrooms (or running water) in the building. A Porta-Potty is provided for your use.
USE OF EQUIPMENT Feel free to move jumps and tunnels to suit your practice session. Please do not move the Dogwalk or A-Frame. The teeter may be moved if there are two or more people assisting. PLEASE REPORT ANY DAMAGED OR FAULTY EQUIPMENT. Again, do not move the contact equipment. We assume no liability for any injuries incurred while you are moving equipment.
LESSONS Instructional classes, lessons (group or private), clinics or seminars are NOT PERMITTED without prior approval.
EVENTS Trials, fun matches, or similar events are NOT PERMITTED without prior approval.
CLEAN UP A garbage can for poop bags is located by the ring and outside the training building. Please try to avoid accidents in the ring. If they do occur, there is a spray bottle to be used for clean-up. Please do not litter and please take any garbage with you when you leave. Please read the Potty Policy regarding accidents in the Building.
WATER Please bring water for yourself and your dog. Water is not available at the ring or in the building.
SHADE The agility ring is located in an open area with no nearby shaded areas. Please ensure that both you and your dog are properly protected from the heat and the sun.
NO SMOKING is allowed on the property.
NON-PARTICIPANTS You are allowed to bring friends, family members, and/or other dogs to your training session (subject to the conditions outlined in the Waiver you sign). Your guests are not allowed to handle a dog in the ring without prior permission and payment of a rental fee. You or your guest(s) are not allowed to handle their dogs unless the dog is familiar with the equipment and we have granted approval for the dog prior to your rental time.
BEHAIVIOR WHILE ON THE PROPERTY Humane and positive training only is to be practiced at all times. No shock collars, choke or prong collars, no hitting, pinching, or other abusive practices, no throwing objects at dogs. No harsh or inhumane treatment will be tolerated on the property. Dangerous or inappropriate activities are prohibited. Aggressive, unpredictable, or uncontrollable dogs will be dismissed from the property without refund of the rental fee, and future rentals will be denied. Determination of unacceptable behavior is in the sole opinion of the owners of the property.
THE OWNERS MAY REVOKE RENTALS WITHOUT EXPLANATION. THESE RULES AND GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE OWNERS’ DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE.
Participation Waiver & Release
Before you can use the facilities at Big Sky Dog Centre you must read and agree to the terms of our Participation Waiver and Release form:
In consideration of the acceptance of Rental Booking(s), and the provision of use of the training facilities, during the calendar year of 2018 by Joseph and/or Bonnie Stewart (the “Owners”), I, the undersigned, agree as follows:
- I certify that I am the actual owner of the Dog(s) named below (the ”Dog”) , or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner of the Dog and that the Dog is not a hazard to persons, property or other dogs.
- I agree that the Owners may refuse or revoke my rentals for any reason that they deem to be sufficient.
- I understand and acknowledge that my participation and attendance carries certain risks, including, but not limited to, injuries (including serous injuries and death) to myself, the Dog, another dog under my control or persons attending as my guests (my “Related Parties”), damage to property and other losses. I waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue the Owners or any of their representatives or volunteers (“the “Personnel”) for any injury, death, property damage or other loss that I or my Related Parties sustain due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, breach of duty, statutory or otherwise, or mistakes or errors of judgment of any kind.
- I assume full responsibility for the conduct of myself and my Related Parties during the entirety of any and all Rental Periods and during my attendance on the property of the Owners. I agree to indemnify and save harmless the Owners and the Personnel from and against any and all claims that may be made against them or costs, fees, expenses or liability (including, without limitation, lawyers’ fees on a solicitor and own client basis) incurred by the Owners or their Personnel that may arise due to:
- any act or omission of myself, my Related Parties or any party for whom I am liable at law; or
- aggressive behaviour by the Dog or any other dog under my control. And from any claim for loss or injury which may be alleged to have been caused directly to any person or thing by the act of this/these dog(s) while on the property or near the entrance thereto, and I personally assume all responsibility and liability for any such claim. I further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss of this dog by disappearance, theft, death or otherwise, and from any claim for damage or injury caused or alleged to be caused by negligence of the parties aforementioned, or by the negligence of any other person, or any other cause or causes.
- I certify that I have been provided a copy of, and have read and understand the Rules and Guidelines for the facility. I agree to abide by the Rules and Guidelines and to conduct myself and the Dog in accordance with the Rules and Guidelines. I understand that myself and/or the Dog may be subject to dismissal from the property and refusal of future Rental Requests for breach of the Rules and Guidelines, and agree to respect and be bound by any decision made by the Owners. I further understand that the Rules and Guidelines may be ammended or added to at any time and without prior notice.
- I understand that the Owners, in the course of administering the event or conducting its activities generally, collect, use or disclose my personal information and that any personal information collected, used or disclosed will be treated in accordance with applicable privacy and personal information laws. I hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by the Owners of my personal information.
- I hereby grant to the Owners, to Big Sky Dog Centre, all rights and permission to use or appropriate my name and my dog’s name, biography, likeness, photograph, voice, or other indicia of identity for transmission or distribution in any format or media known now or in the future.
- I hereby release the Owners from any claim or cause of action for invasion of the rights of privacy, right of publicity, right of personality, or any similar rights.
- I have been given the opportunity to read and understand the terms of this Agreement before signing it, and have in fact done so. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am restricting my legal rights and I sign this Agreement voluntarily and of my own free will.